Dixon High School
To be eligible, each student must enter into a written agreement with the school prior to high school graduation, and will:
- Attend a designated A+ school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate from high school with GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Achieve at least a cumulative 95% attendance record for the 4 year period during high school (summer school doesn't affect this cumulative data)
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid approved academic tutoring or mentoring in a school supervised setting
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
In order to obtain financial incentives, the student must attend an A+ designated school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation.
- The student must enroll at Dixon High School no later than 2 weeks after the beginning of the fall term of the student's sophomore year, unless transferring from a designated A+ school.
- Students and parents must complete and sign the A+ Participation and Citizenship Agreements.
- Students who are military dependents are exempt from the "3 consecutive years in an A+ school" requirement with proof of dependent status.
Students are expected to attend school regularly and to be on time for classes. Therefore, the student will develop habits of punctuality, self-discipline, and responsibility. The cumulative attendance rate for 9th- 12th grade must be at least 95%.
Financial incentives to attend an A+ participating community or technical college.
Opportunity to learn about jobs at the place of business as well as in the classroom.
College credits while still in high school.
Tutoring and mentoring experience.
Career plans to prepare for an occupation, with additional training upon graduation.
Encouragement to attend school and work hard.
Experience using computers and other modern equipment to solve problems.