Dixon High School Guidance
Scholarship and Grant Information March 1st, 2017
NOTE: Actual paper copies now found on wood shelves in Dual Credit Room - # 209
- Several Vocational Scholarships for WCC Students---hard copies provided in DC room. Due March 10th.
- MOAA Scholarship for dependent of Military Officer, must have essay.Application in DC room, due April 1st.
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation has 43 scholarships available for students in the state of MO.To see the list and qualifications, visit www.epsilonsigmaalpha.org.
- The American Legion has a variety of Scholarships.If you are a descendant of a veteran with at least ninety days active service in the US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, who received an Honorable Discharge for such service should apply.A photocopy of the veteran’s DD214, discharge or separation notice must accompany the scholarship application.Go to www./legion.org/scholarships.
- Rural MO High School Educator Scholarship: Must have a career plan to become a teacher, essay required and due 3/10/2017.Applications can be found in DC room @ DHS.
- MO Bankers Foundation Scholarship – due March 10th. Applications in DC room.Must have a bank officer sign it. College plans should relate to banking.
- Dixon Community Teacher’s Association has at least one or more scholarships for those whom plan to enter the field of Education.Applications can be found in the DC room and are due back to Mrs. Kirk by March 13th, 2017
- MO Department of Insurance Education Foundation (MIEF) giving 10 scholarships for graduating seniors interested in pursuing insurance industry careers. Ranging from $1,500 to $2,500.For more details go to MIEF’s website.Due March 31.
- Infuze Credit Union is awarding four $2,000 Marion Dale Summerford Memorial Scholarships.Applications can be found in DC room or at www.infuzecu.org/community. Due March 31, 2016.
- Kiwanis Club of Pulaski County giving one $750 Scholarship. Forms can be found in the DC room.Due to Mrs. Kirk by March 30th.
- Many MO Farm Bureau Scholarships—must be member, is so check out NINE different scholarships for you.Paper copies on wood shelves in Dual Credit room @ DHS.
- MO Ozark Community Action - $500 Scholarship for anyone who has attended HeadStart.You can also access the application at www.mocaonline.org/pulic/headstart/main_hsindex.html or pickup in the DC room @ DHS.Due 4/7/17.
- Pulaski County-Ft. Leonard Wood Shrine Ladies Scholarship – For $1,000, must include essay and returned to Mrs. Kirk by 4/7/2017.No military connection needed.Application in DC room
- Five American Legion Scholarships for descendants of a veteran who received an Honorable Discharge for such service.A photocopy of the DD 214 is required. Specific requirements follow….applications can be found in the DC room @ DHS.
- Lillie Louis Ford Scholarship - Attended Boys or Girls State or Cadet Patrol Academy
- Descendant –Charles Bacon Scholarship – two $750.00
- Two $750 Scholarships for Descendant—must write essay- Erman Taylor Scholarship
- Registered Nurse- MD Jack Murphy Memorial Scholarship
- Joseph Frank – Five awards of $750.00 – Must attend Boys/Girls State or Cadet Academy
- Shane Voyles – One per high school – due April 1st to Mrs. Kirk
Pulaski County Bar Association – giving six, $250 scholarships, and essay required with application, due to Mrs. Kirk by March 29th. Hard copies in DC room
Merrell University of Beauty Arts and Science in Jefferson City have $1,000 Scholarship for a Dixon graduate. Contact Mrs. Kirk for details.
Cole-Mahan Scholarship due March 29th to Mrs. Kirk, $500 to a college bound senior, must have a 25 on ACT with a 3.0 GPA and parent who has served or honorably discharged from US armed services. Applications in DC room.
Any additional questions, please see Mrs. Kirk or contact information is email@example.com or 573-759-7163 ext 2